Sunday, December 21, 2008

I am the third world...


I am I..
I am the 3rd world
They say I am poor..they say I am starved..

Yesterday I tried to build my castle..
n I sweated it out to make it a reality
They broke it n turned it into a heap of ruins…
I lost my dream..
N I am the 3rd world again..

Your paradise renders to heavenly abode…
my paradise speaks of death and sorrow..
I am the 3rd world..

Yesterday I was the messenger of peace..
Today I see scars all over my place…
And as I try to heal them ..
I am the 3rd world again..

Yesterday I offered shelter to you…
I protected you from death..
And all I got to see was lacerations on my left hand..
Today you stabbed me along with my astrayed sons..
As I try to heal my wounds ..
I am the 3rd world again..

You are the 1st world..
You are the nuclear power..
You have 10 zeros to take care of…
But still you sigh at my arm…
you want to take away my sun..
n all I can do is stay mum..
for I am the 3rd world ..
n u are the 1st..

yesterday you n I was I ..
U went away to make a U..
The father showered you with everything you desired for..
U wanted to scrap off my head..
The trackery you regularly indulged in..
Still I tried to move…strenuous it was
But I succeded…
Today you make me stagnant again…

They call me the 3rd world…
I still made my penny..
The only difference being..
You buy food,living,success n happiness..
N I buy arms, military n my security…
N I am the 3rd world again…

5 comments:

Sanjeeban Kumar Mahanta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
my space said...

hmm..nice one.. i feel itz exceptionally beautiful in d way dat itz vry well knit..cud actually feel d crux of d poem!! successfully speaks abt india's (I) pol,,geo-pol position throughout history n at present!!
really loved d way u put ur feelings into it!!
gud job..carry on!! :)

Arpan said...

very nicely knitted poem..its probably the feeling that each and everyone of us have been through...we dream and someone else break it...so much like my 'paper planes'...keep penning!!!

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

a word of thanks to both of you...thnks for being a constant source of appriciation... though i at times have to literally drag u both to pen down a comment...;)...but thnks for ur moral boosting words...

Unknown said...

speaks lots......infact everything (without datas,facts,statistics-wat say?)