Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Childhood-revisited


The one thing that’s quite peculiar about my blogging is definitely the awful timings.. As I sit down to write this one..i was in the midst of a wwe fight with my room-mate. Readers here are requested not to frown coz its part of our regular schedule now… I have always stressed on the fact that being a single child carries loads of good fortunes n all…but one thing that I always missed was the sibling fights.. Though me n my cousins had ample childhood memories to cherish.. but we never indulged in nethng sort of physical fights.. we were always partners in crime..n always stood up for one another…being together from school to college ..we shared almost everything- our stories, joys, sorrows,gossips,achievements and failures to count the most…. So I missed on the fights…which my friends n all always boasted of …

So at this wee hour what made me write about this stuff…mind it ,its December and its delhi..n in this part of the world n time its quite unusual for someone to sweat …n m on the verge of switching on the fan too…all this is the effect of the fierce wwe fight me n my roomie(ok ll address her by name-jipi) indulged in just some moments back.. there was nothing actually that made us fight…its just that suddenly we were overjoyed that my b’day is round the corner n it made us glad… !!

Being the very me …it was unusual to share a room with somebody coz I never ever shared nethng before...but these 3 yrs has made me explore the other side of me-my childhood… from playing wwe..to play cricket matches in the room..with the tennis ball v brought from the ultra sweet shopkeeper down the road…. He never gave us single maggi..coz he knew soon one of us have to come down again to get the other pack..(reason the temptation resisting power between the two of us is almost negligible…and one enjoying the delicious maggi without the other is almost nearly impossible)…

Coming on to tennis balls…we once brought a big plastic ball from India gate..n how v cherished it for long…jipi would play almost everything wid it ---from cricket to volley ball to tennis( she spared table tennis though)..Until the ball sunked beyond recognition…

Counting of weird acts how could I forget the insane verbal fights—which soon boils down to physical assaults.. orkut inspired chicks v r….we have our own slapstar kinda game.. where we can slap each other countable no.of times n pretend to cry everytime one of us knw that we r going to lose the game…

How could I frget the last game that v played down for nearly 2 months until it came to a sad end wen Diana hayden went out off bigg boss2..yes u guessed it correct..it was indeed bigg boss2.. cooking was never so fun… ve made lists as if we were given weekly budget by bigg boss.. Diana hayden was our idol big time.. but with her ouster from the show we bid adieu to the game as well..

The wild shutterbugs v are… I beg pardon coz I have lost count on the innumerable movies v imitated n lived after watchng the 1st day 1st shows..the hangover in this case takes toll on jipi specially…the fashion hangover is still to fade away.. this definately excludes the frantic horror flicks we dared to watch... wot if we watched it in the afternoon ..n turned off the sounds..n fast forwarded the scenes to knw what actually happened n then rewinding n see it ...n wot if we began the movie with the last scene ... atleast we could flaunt it big time...seeing a horror flick n flaunting it among frnds is what mattered n not obviously the circumstances ..right!!

Coming on to games our favorite game always have to be the antakshri…its very special n peculiar at the same time coz evrytime v play it..v never allow the person to even complete the 1st line…n the other starts singing …this goes hardly for first 5 mins… n after that jipi comes over wid her own lyrics…our antakshri is the same since 3 yrs…coz wen its ‘..na’…we still sing na na karte pyar tumhise kar baethe… n wen its ‘ha’…its always s hum tum ek kamre main bandh ho… the only new addition to the list is ek hasina thi…which made a re-entry into our antaksrhi …after hee mesh bhai made us remind it…

But we do have our sensitive sides too… wen we r in mood to talk of our past muses( I have hated the word crush…coz it always ended in a crash…surely the phonations r similar too)…ve let open the doors n sit in the lustrous balcony n begin singing the song dhowe dhowe(by papon da) evry time…n evry time without exception we fumble on the lyrics or the tune...or for that matter who was out of tune…n its cut sort by arguments about who actually forgot the lyrics… jipi usually had her own lyrics which she can fit into every tune… her common being “dum dad a dum” which she soulfully incorporates into any song when she couldn’t recollect the lyrics(its generally every time)… howewr even if we remember the lyrics the urgent surge of who ever sings the nxt line before the other ,makes us surpass the other n soon we found ourself out of sync...

Getting back to another fantasy…painting..the urge for painting comes up everythime v have an exam… some time ago v brought water colours n white sheets to paint sceneries.. we two are not even nearer to be termed an average painter ..but still we had our chances with the brushes n colors…while jipi would draw her trademark miss India models… I always drew the only scenery I knew…but some how ,everytime we get back to our childhood again…

Our stories like our dreams never ceases to end… like the no of same typical trademark photographs we click …I think if we made them paper printed ..it would weigh in kilos.. n the very striking feature of our photography is that .. wen it comes to photographs we dnt carry any mercy for the other… so generally they have to be self clicked of self timed…

Never knew that friendship has this side as well…or never knew that I could find a sister in my friend.. life has been very generous to me till now ..the only void I had has been filled .. for me I have to thank God for letting me relive my childhood again!!



5 comments:

my space said...

hey buddy..i simply loved dis one.. very hilarious ..sensitive n heart touching!!!
u hv a damn witty hold in ur writings..gud work thr..

n ya..dis one has to b my personal fav anytime!! :)
god bless..

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

hey ya thnx a lot....:)

Anonymous said...

The rest of us with siblings usually got into a lot of trouble if we hassled our siblings. So you did not miss much. So now that there is no one parenting you in the dorms, go beat up the roomie I guess! :)

Rashmi Saikia (Houston)

Arpan said...

i must say a very well knit blog...probably u dint miss much of the fun...as siblings can be real pain sometimes :) but for the time being...u can always beat up Jipi(Read: Puwali) and just njoi...

my space said...

ohh God! reading it after more than 2 years... everythings so fresh in my mind..i laughed .. i wept.. n i loved it again n again..
love u my nutty sweets.. :):)

not as "my space" but as "jipi" :)