Tuesday, October 7, 2008

is it the very end...

U say it d regionalism sentiments that r still endowed in me or mere frustration on all d happenings around ….that I decided to write on such a topic…even after swearing never ever to get d regionalistic sentiments to overpower me…

Then y m I writing it today…it was heartening both in positive n negative ways… positive in d sense that its for the 1st time I have seen the times of India dedicating a front page main article 4 Assam… negative in d sense that its coz of the communal turmoil Assam is experiencing in recent times.. I seriously don’t have any respect 4 d two puppets in power…one the very prime minister n second our very own chief minister…may be they won’t react even if their house is on fire… let it be… I don’t care…n don’t want to spend my time writing bout them…

With due respect to my religion…I m now hating d colour of saffron overpowering d very religion known for its patience n respect 4 all religions…with all the things happening in Orissa…the various atrocities on d poor n d weak Christian nuns n priests. ..I feel so ashamed of being a Hindu…y is this happening….y r they doing this. .hw can u justify a 28 yr old nun gang rapped n paraded naked. just because they r practicing Christianity… I cnt say nethng bout d other religions…coz once I say something I wont b termed secular nemore…its d irony of our state..being a hindu I cn bash up ne kind of ill hinduism practices but cnt utter a single word against the other religions…n vice-versa...

however d biggest irony of our society s alwys keeping leniency on ones own children while being the harshest critic of the neighbours kin..same goes wid d present state of affairs…I cry my heart out every time I see d saffron activists burning d innocent lifes…d jehadis killing d children,d pregnant women..n the bread earner of a family…I dnt knw wot they want…if v cnt live together …dn get separate lands 4 all…give them everything they want.. get a separate state 4 Hindus, Christians n Muslims… don’t let them live together… forget the very festivals v celebrated together……forget dat v prayed together during d kargil war… forget the celebration v had
when India won d t20world cup…
forget that v cheered together 4 aamir in lagaan,a shahrukh in chak-de…or cried wen akshay khanna died in border…forget all…. v dnt wanna remember nethng… never ever!!

4 comments:

my space said...

"is dis d very end??"...well may be..or if itz not dn definitely itz a fast step to da very sad end!!!
i liked ur take on dis...regionalism..communalism..n most imptntly d violence n bloodshed involvd wid it...sentiments r no longer sentiments within but violent bursts outwards...
i wud like here 2 mention dat ths acts r highly condemnd..n itz in no way to blame any religion..hinduism..or islam!!coz itz not religion dat decides wotz right or wrong..itz our REASON n CONSCIENCE...
sadly...ppl have stopped listening to d VOICE within!!
finally..a nice n alarming post..
keep up d gud work!! :)

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

thnks sanjeeban n sukanya for posting ur valuable comments... n i seem to disagree wid sukanya only once wen u say its no way to blame any religion be it hinduism or islam.. ya its true..but its d only excuse all of us gve...no one taking responsibility for gtng into d root cause of this kinda extremism.. as for me if a hindu attacks a mosque i ll surely b ashamed...instead of parting myself 4m d situation n saying dats all hindus rnt involved in it..its obvious...every1 knws it...but its d mentality ..if one takes d responsibility of ones own kin n tries to reform their thinkng..its worth an effort!!

Jayanta Deka said...

Religion...!
For me "Being Secular" is always a fashion now...! because the one who is saying on Religion himself/herself will change the decision when it will concern his own identity... it is somthing like a fish in water... the more you press and try to catch it with empty hands... the lesser the chance of slipping..!

And Regionalism... I support it..! Yes I do... But just 50%.... as I feel if one utilizes 50% of his energy in the development of his own native place and the rest on the place he actually is working then the day is not far that we will see an even world... a world where there won't be famine at one place and feast round the corner...!!

Well written....

do pay a visit at my blog too...
www.jdodyssey.co.nr

Jayanta Deka said...

** correction...
lesser the chance of catching...!