Tuesday, November 11, 2008

imported barrenness..


Its been quite a while since the last time I penned down something …not only on my blog but elsewhere also…It wasn’t so that I didn’t wanted to but the actual reason was nothing was coming out from my mind’s stable…

So desperately I wanted to get out of this phase…which my roommate very modestly termed as writer’s block phase... it gave me quite a flattering boost… but being very pragmatic myself (once again a term coined for me by someone anonymous) I realize that I am far from being coined as a writer…so the question of me going through that phase is insubstantial…

I could owe my temporary/permanent (I hope its temporary) barrenness up to quite an extent to my restlessness…being a typical small-town, mom’s girl, an ex-school topper (stress on the word ex) we were not allowed to do any sort of things except study during our exam days… all activities were barred one month before the exams…may be I am still not able to get out of this habit… I am still a mom fearing person (a god fearing one too)! When I say activity it surely does not include the sleeping hours or the kutting or booking hours…coz they are surely not activities..neither practically nor verbally .

I was in the midst of my afternoon nap (m not a regular,mind that)..i was thinking of our craze for anything that is imported…from imported guys to movies to anything that’s foreign…coz for god’s sake how can one go gaga over the Korean movie my sassy girl…there are 1001 hindi n regional love stories that are way superior than it… I am not saying it’s a bad movie…but how can it by any standards can it be termed the classiest…moving on to movies again I could not find the logic behind the bollywood producers to shot in exotic foreign locals…most of the time they prove disasters.. I can guarantee that there can never be a Kali mandir in Kenya !!(as boasted by hee-mesh bhai in …zzzzzzzzzzz)..these kinda unrealistic movie making though can create a sporadic high but it wont last ne longer..
talking of imported craze...it wld be incomplete without mentioning abut the prospective NRIgrooms… “He s an nri u see.. u know wot he does there?.... Nah…!!...but I knw he is an NRI!..” …God forbid all you elitists!..( hope he doesnt work for lehman brothers)..All you super intelligent IAS..all u IITians..n the CAT toppers… u still aren’t at par with the NRIs…the only reason for this is that they are imported..n u all need to keep on working on ur CV's...!

Hold on hold on…I am not a communist by any means(as my foreign description includes very much the communist nations too)…and neither I have any hatred towards the imported things… Coming on to imported goods for that matter…I still have the expired lipgloss that my cousin bought for me from the U.S…
…as being a part of the typical billions of dreamers. I too crave for u.. as if I cant clear my management entrances this year..I will surely vouch for the foreign universities anytime…for after that atleast I will be cherished forever!!!


3 comments:

my space said...

i just felt ... u broke da famous "writer's block"!!!
nice post..
way to go girl!!! :)

Arpan said...

Isn't it great always...come up with something after a break ?? Silence is the mode,our minds search often...
Nice way to get urself back to the groove!!
Keep penning !!!

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

thnk u sukanya n arpan for having ur faith still installed in me....thnx a lot