Friday, February 27, 2009

love...my way...


I am a terrible blogger for sure when it comes to write something on love…all this months starting from the beginning of the new year I have written almost 10-12 pieces of blogs subjected on love.. n this 10-12 is counted as 0 .50,0.25… sometimes if good luck followed it has reached to 75% completion but nothing beyond that… but I was damn adamant on it that I ll start my blogging this new year on a love note…but since nothing satisfactory was coming up I assigned myself the job of collecting sme old blogs n post them on my blogspot…something on the lines of idea cellular…so that I don’t lose on my readership…just kidding.. as I do most of the times…lets not deviate from the original topic.. I was supposed to write on love…as I wasn’t that successful in portraying this virtue. I thought of writing about some of the celluloid love stories that touched my heart..

 

Starting with the recently released Dev D …the modern day adaptation of  devdas.. I dnt know why so many people hanker after this character… n till date from what I found out dev d was the best adaptation of this novel…the classiest of the lot…pardon bimal roy’s one…coz after watching sanjay leela bhansali’s one I cldnt gather enough courage for bimal roy’s original adaptation…

 

so  going by my take on the characters I felt devdas was actually the weakest man on earth n paro the self centered one…for devdas he couldn’t love neone more than him… n why the society made him a hero is still beyond my imagination…n paro was someone so self centred n egoist that, for her.. matching the stature of the guy who dumped her was more important than salvaging her love for him… for me the third character often seen sidelined-- chandramukhi stood out of the three…the women who loved the man even when she knew that he was never going to be hers … she loved him without expecting anything from him… she found out that within that spoiled rich brat…lied a sensitive person… he wasn’t that selfish… that is the actual essence of devdas…n I loved anurag kashyap for portraying the actual soul of the novel…

 

Talking of love stories…hw can I forget raincoat…the screen adaptation of the short story  theGift of the magi…I already wrote about it in my previous blog…my blogging journey actually started from analyzing the story of raincoat…another is the heart warming story of  ajay devgan-ashwaria rai  in hum dil de chuke sanam…. Adapted from the novel ‘na –hanyate’…

 

All the three celluloid love stories are closest to my heart….don’t know why whenever I think of love I think of them…for me love is like these stories...unconditional…yet not-taken for granted… unselfish…sacrificing… loving the other even when one knows that they are never gonna be together…

 Being  loved.. n being in love ..is definitely two different things..but cn one actually be in love without being loved ..

 Here I shift my focus to i… the ever prodigal i…….the ever prodigal u…

 

Is this wot u call love wen I say the every beep of my cell makes me think of you..

Is this love wen I can see u when I thnk of u..

Is this love wen I feel being in love with you is the most stupidest thing to do …but still I cant help but to love you..

Is this wot u call love when I try hard to avoid ur glares but everytime I try... I am caught by you..

 Is this love…when I dnt knw what the l or the o or the v or the e means..but for me it only means ‘u’…

 Is this love wen I knw u n I cn never be we.. but still cnt help to thnk bout any…..

 Wot is it then..that makes every thng paint blue..make everyone just see you… ther’s nthng I want but happiness for you…

May be great love stories end like this … a sad note… always... 

8 comments:

Arpan said...

spot on !! at last i got to read a blog on love...written by someone other than me. very true and close to our lives...the movies, the characters, the stories...they do relate to our lives at some point or other. and love ?? what do i say. Love actually...is indefinable. Try to define love...once defined love is confined. Once confined -- It dies.

my space said...

hey..i'll put it straight n simple.. i just loved reading dis one..!!

technically.. d whole framing of d piece was awesome..one thing dat i alwyz get stuck to is d way u end ur writings..thrs a'wyz dis thing vry catchy!!

love is THE most evrgreen subjct..needless to say..,n u'v made complete justice to it..
simple,plain n nutty...i enjoyed..!

keep scribbling!! :)

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

oh!! thnks to both of u... it was my first tryst with topic... m glad that u liked it...:)

Hriday... said...

hey..its a masterpiece!!! another movie came under ur scutiny...and once again great evaluation!!there is no doubt about ur writning skill..was unaware of ur poetic talent..its classy too...keep it up!!!

hasHAN hazaRIKA said...

Was a nice read !!

-_-

hasHAN hazaRIKA said...

we have started a group blog url: http://bamboo-lounge.blogspot.com/
Its a khar adda where we read, we write we lounge.


If you are interested send me your email id or drop your email id in the shout box. I will send a author invitation to you.


bamboolounge09@gmail.com

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

m so very thankful to u...glad u liked it...ll surely drop in my id.. but m not a regular blogger...

gautom said...

wandering around when I encountered this....its really difficult, defining-redefining-confining and then let go!