Monday, November 9, 2009

what's on your mind?


Keeping or to say maintaining my hiatus from blogging wasn't a deliberate attempt.(i can swear on all the 'dols' and ponds of sivasagar).I stressed on maintaining because except for some tear jerker's I wasn't able to offer anything substantial. This even is not substantial at all.

The sole reason for my hiatus is - being ‘busy’. People who tend to do nothing actually turn out to be busiest of the lots. Must be wondering whose theory this is.. as obvious..Its mine. Who to expect on my blog page. May be people should give me credit for not borrowing or stealing others philosophies as I tend to make my own..though how silly they might be. I like it that way actually: to observe, relate and then philosophize. As always, exceptions prevail.

Coming back to being busy doing nothing theory, I remember my dad’s schedule… for year’s he started his day at 3 am, wake every one up from his asst. surgeons to anesthetists who assisted him in his operations; finish some 2-3 surgeries before 8’ o clock so that he could reach hospital at sharp 8’o clock…sometimes even before but never late. The sufferer was always maa of course. I and maa would sing pulak banerjee’s “paar hoi gol dhumuha ejak bhangi thoi mur poja”(meaning a cyclone just passed by ransacking my lil hut) every time dad runs down on us. If anyone developed a list stating antonyms of persons.. maa n deta would have been top of the list.mom a usual late riser, who runs late for hospital, meetings ,dinner,lunches n ever possible event. Her mornings starts with the aakashwani radio ,geetimalika ,morning tea, enjoying the morning sun, and enquiring everyone’s wellbeing on phone ..relaxed ..until she hear dad’s car horn. I wonder how maa maintains it till now... Not the relaxed bit but being late!

Coming on to dad’s schedule, his list of treating broken bones, cutting on stitches n wounds to operating every possible organ of the human body continues till 8-9 pm. But the most spectacular thing is that I never heard him saying he is tired or busy. He always managed. He took us to circuses,movies,restaurants.. most of the time me and my cousin brother in school uniforms...but who the hell cared when you have your father-your hero-doing all the bits possible for our smiles!

Being busy is something of a trait of the fellows new to the race of survival or the one’s doing nothing. i am yet not in the rat race so I gracefully fit in the later category.

Doing nothing is obviously something that no one wants to do. That is why I was busy juggling my mind to find ways to come out of the good for nothing syndrome.. Different ideas, fights inside,repentations,depressions,heart breaks n seldom hopes. Too many thins to keep a mind in place.

Apart from these ridiculous yet never ending mind scuffles I was synonymous of being on fb 24*7, updating statuses ,farming n doing other silliest things ppl do thr. But m kind of addicted to those silly things. Whatsoever I turned out to be quite a news freak in these few months of hiatus..i always was, but never was I hooked like this before. With my daily supplement of TOI,HT , I found my true solace in twitter.. neither I have to bother about changing my profile pic,nor making any acquaintances.. it only meant getting the best of views n opinions from the who’s who of the industry…from the newsroom,to the sports arena to ministries and even the film sets… when you can have vir sanghvi n rajdeep sardesai updating about all the events happening around or placing a bet on dhoni , a priety zinta or a priyanka chopra cracking silliest of the jokes to serena Williams n kim clijsters speaking their heart out!( Pure bliss! )n exchanging your ideas with the bigwigs is definitely the icing on the cake for a news geek like me!

Coming out of the virtual social hood as I say, I was following quite deeply the ruckus that is going around these past few months.. the growing menace of naxals, the regionalist vandalism, the border conflicts..so lil bit of my take on them..

we have seen n formed a decision on all these matters..no second thoughts…the naxal extremism n regionalist vandalism must end at any cost… never can one justify extremism .. but then sometimes my occasionally functional rational side of my brain works n it compels me to look at the other side of the story…

Focusing on to Jharkhand – a comparatively smaller state, mostly ignored, poverty sticken,and having one of the lowest literacy rates. but having a CM who has thousands and thousands of crores of assets-making him probably the richest of the CM s in India who was till a few years ago a mine worker.. These don’t fall into the criteria of corruption, it’s a public loot … with relief cheques bouncing ,no infrastructure n proper or non existent primary education system for a state having one of the majority of tribal population it seriously needs a rethink whom to blame for naxal menace…

Secondly, I wonder what’s so special about raj thackrey..who can beat up everyone everywhere.. Strange that we still have a fascist figure in present decade.. a fascist as someone says never fears criticism, hatred nor do mockery…so what to do with such fascism.. I kept myself in the situation for a moment.. lets say for a matter of fact if a abu azmi was in assam…n he vowed to take oath in hindi ..wouldn’t we react! When in another state u aren’t allowed n is made a mockery by a large chunk of population when u speak your regional language (once I was asked by an illiterate flat mate of mine in gurgaon leaving in one of the posh northen states that do we eat momos as our living) …why would one expect to get the royal treatment elsewhere. I am not against any language nor in support of regionalism… but when a distinguished MLA in assam legislature n his kins cant speak assamese properly ,it does anger us … when one is living in a state or a region it should respect the culture there… when u defy to break the sentiments u r bound to get the treatment…but then extremism is never a solution n raj thackrey comes from an another school of extremism..so no comments on him either!

N then there is china’s growing obsession on arunachal ptradesh n india’s equal resistance …no one asking the most ignored state what it wants! Neways I was glad with rahul gandhi’s remark on Pakistan- the way we are so obsessed with the neighbor country..who’s probably the only profound ideology proven is being anti-india..Tragic though to see it burning into flames everyday by its own harvested morons.. may be that’s the state of a nation that was formed in haste..!

N what else ? positives any?? May be the only positives I could draw was watching some great movies…from Al pacino’s godfather trilogy to all the beautiful love stories n the enigmatic cinematic brilliances .. its hard to chose between Mel Gibson and Steven Spielberg.. but then u can hardly beat a Schindler’s list!

I was desperately waiting to get out of this non existent mould and start to blog so I scribed down this . And it came because my mba entrances season kicked off and I took a lay off, my lappie is with jipi as her’s one is in black out mode and hence I have nothing to do.

Then I should be busy right? Am I contradicting my theory. But then didn’t I say “I took a voluntary lay off my mind scuffles today”.

Who said blogs need to be mind boggling every time!

10 comments:

auditya dutta said...

porhilu....!!!.....actually it is quite interesting.......ghoror kotha monot pori gol muru.....

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

thnx audi! have a look again have added some more to it!

my space said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How u can write ur emotions so nicely. Really liked it.Way to go gal !!!

my space said...

thanxxx fr writing after a longggg time...i had almost lost my habit of reading blogs..!!! wid dis one i regaind again...n dont stop in dis.. i knw u hv so many things in ur mind..so jst keep it coming..!!
About dis one...who said itz not mind boggling!!??
wonderful... :)

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

thnx again!

baibhav said...

wonderful...i wud always keep sayin' if i had a bit of dis magnificent talent u possess !! how nicely a state of mind being carried with overwhelming ideas, been knitted !! awesome swwethrt..waitin' for lot many to be comin' up...luv ya !!

kabandi---a rebel in my own terms said...

thnk u buddy!

The Hobby Gardener&Analyst said...

Sis, Bhal lagile porhi...

Arpan said...

welcome back :) really, it's been long time,waiting for ur new post. Must say, a well knit post with lots of emotions...keep pouring ur thoughts buddy !